Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sean Penn and Phil Ochs -

pardon me if I'm sentimental when we say goodbye.
But now and then,
There's a fool such as I.

It is alleged that the former is making a film about the latter. In which case, may I humbly suggest. as someone in the street said today, "Ochs was a druggie and a drunkard" - to which I replied, "and what drove him to those depths - his inabilaty to change a wicked, wicked world".

Don't do a film of despair, of a happy and caring young man, taking to something to sterilise his soul, to blank out the despair and the end of hope.
Phillip still lives amongst us all - his atoms exist in all of us. Make it a fim of love overcoming hatred. Phil is now my age - roughly 61/62 - show him still touring the halls, the pubs the parks singing and saying NO - you have to change - this dying world is your responsibilty, your last take - do something about it - and laugh along the way.
Respectfully Gordon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home